Probably one of the most well known shotguns is the Mossberg 500. It’s though it seems everyone has a mossberg 500 at some point in their life. (If they are a gun owner that is)
While there are many different versions of the Mossberg 500 I’m reviewing the Mossberg 500 Tactical. The Mossberg tactical features 6,8, and 9 shot capacity an 18-1/2 barrel and a blued or Marinecote finish. On the Mossberg 500 tactical there is a collapsible synthetic stock and also features a pistol grip. As well as a heat shield that covers the length of the barrel.
- 6, 8 and 9 shot capacity with 2-3/4″ shells
- 18-1/2″ or 20″ barrel lengths
- Blued, matte or Marinecote™ finishes
- Bead front or Ghost Ring® sights
- Rugged synthetic stock and forearm
- Ambidextrous, thumb-operated safety
- Proven Mil-Spec & NIJ performance
- Pistol grip models available
- Twin action bars
- 20-gauge and .410-bore models also available
- Includes a free gun lock
- MSRP – $524.00
This gun is clearly not meant for hunting, however this is a great gun for home protection and self defensive. This gun is short, lite, and easy to use.
If you’re looking for a home protection shotgun this or one of the other Mossberg 500 Special Purpose options would be a great choice! But I don’t consider this a must buy for everyone.