18 Days before Shot Show Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc announces the all new polymer striker fire “Ruger American Pistol”. According to the Ruger website it currently comes in a 9mm and .45 ACP configurations.
The current spec run downs are as follows:
[expand title=”Click here to show Ruger American Specs”]
- Trigger features a short takeup with positive reset.
- Recoil-reducing barrel cam, low mass slide, low center of gravity and low bore axis.
- Performance tested for sustained +P ammunition use.
- Genuine Novak® LoMount Carry 3-dot sights.
- Modular wrap-around grip system for adjusting palm swell and trigger reach.
- Safe, easy takedown with no tools or trigger pull required.
- Ambidextrous slide stop and magazine release allow actuation with either hand.
- Safety features include internal, automatic sear block system, integrated trigger safety and no trigger pull required for takedown.
- Also includes – Two nickel-teflon® plated steel magazines; small (9mm models only), medium and large grip modules; hard plastic case.
I’m sure more details will emerge at Shot Show when the media finally gets a chance to get their hands on it. But for now you will have to go to the site to droll over the pictures and specs.