Surefire announced today on it’s Facebook page the 800 Lumen UBR Invictus is now available to be purchased. The Invictus sounds like it is one bright flashlight but those 800 Lumen’s will cost you about $692.00 MSRP. While I’d love to lay my hands on one of these at that price it may be awhile before I’m sporting Surefires new Invictus.
If get one and have had experiences with it let us know in the comments!
Straight from the Surefire website:
The UBR Invictus is a rechargeable ultra-high-output LED flashlight with selectable light levels, strobe and SOS modes, and the ability to run on either the included rechargeable lithium-ion battery or two 123A lithium batteries using the included battery magazine. At maximum output the UBR generates 800 lumens of brilliant white light focused by a precision Turbohead TIR lens into a high-intensity, far-reaching beam suitable for spotlight/searchlight applications, yet still providing significant peripheral illumination. The UBR’s selector ring has eleven settings — with eight levels of light from 5 to 800 lumens, a strobe mode, an SOS beacon mode, and a disable setting to prevent accidental activation during transport, storage, or stealth ops.
The UBR features an innovative 4-function tailcap that operates as follows: For momentary-on activation at any selector ring setting, including strobe and SOS modes, partially press the tailcap switch straight down. For constant-on activation at any setting, including strobe and SOS modes, partially push the tailcap switch sideways. For maximum light output at any setting, except strobe and SOS modes, fully press the tailcap switch straight down for momentary-on or fully push it sideways for constant on; this is our MaxBlast ™ feature. MaxBlast does not function at the strobe or SOS settings – only strobe and SOS will be activated at those settings.
The UBR also features a 3-color LED indicator (“fuel-gauge”) that tells you the battery-charge level.
Charging is easy: connect the charger to a 120V outlet, or into a 12-volt cigarette lighter/accessory socket when using the DC adapter, then plug the charging cord into the UBR’s charging socket—no removing the battery and no special charging cradle needed.
Constructed from rugged aerospace aluminum and finished in Mil-Spec hard anodizing for extreme durability, the UBR Invictus is O-ring and gasket sealed to keep out dust and moisture.
The predecessor of the UBR Invictus, the UB3T Invictus, has most of the same features but is non-rechargeable and is powered by three 123A batteries.
Another ultra high-output rechargeable flashlight with similar features is the UNR Commander.Features
- Rechargeable for nightly duty use
- Virtually indestructible LED emitter, microprocessor regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Eight light-output levels — highest for maximum light, lowest for longest runtime
- Dual fuel capable — uses one lithium-ion rechargeable battery (included) or two 123A disposable batteries that fit in included battery magazine
- Turbohead TIR lens produces focused, extended-reach beam
- Strobe mode for tactical applications
- SOS beacon mode for emergency or signaling
- Rotating eleven-position selector ring with eight light-output levels, strobe, SOS, and disable
- 4-function tailcap switch with Max Blast™ feature for instant control of momentary-on and constant-on illumination
- High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
- Coated, tempered window resists impact and thermal shock, maximizes light transmission
- Fuel gauge indicates battery charge level
- Includes both wall charger (120V AC) with international adapters and car charger (12V DC)
- Weatherproof O-ring and gasket sealed