I’m very impressed with the new M&P15-22 Rifle by Smith & Wesson(S&W). The new rifle has many of the same features that a .223 style AR-15 from S&W. This rifle feels great in your hand and even better when you’re shooting it.
I’ve listed the specifications below and also listed a few pros and cons. There is also a video review of the M&P 15-22 below, I’d love to hear your thoughts and any comments you have about it in the comment area below.
Specifications from smith-wesson.com
- Model: M&P15
- Caliber: .22LR
- Capacity: 25 Rounds
- Action: Blow Back Semi-Auto
- Overall Length: 33.75″ Extended, 30.5″ Collapsed
- Stock: 6 Position CAR Stock
- Sight Radius: 15.5″
- Barrel Length: 16″
- Barrel Twist: 1 in 15″ 1 in 16″
- Weight (No Mag.): 5.5 lbs.
- Trigger Pull: 7 lbs. (approx.)
- Upper and Lower Material: Polymer
- Barrel Material: 4140 Steel
- Finish: Matte Black
- Front Sight: Adj. A2 Post
- Rear Sight: Adj. Dual Aperture
- Purpose: Recreational, Hunting
The new M&P15-22 is a dedicated M&P15-format rifle designed and built as a true .22 LR semi-auto from the ground up, with all the standard operating features and accessory specifications of a modern-version centerfire M&P15 rifle.
- Almost exact copy of an S&W M&P .223
- Feels great when shooting
- Light Weight
- Inexpensive to shoot
- Magazines are hard to come by
- Composite upper and lower (Might be a positive depending on who you ask)