When Cloud Defensive has a sale, people need to jump on it! They recently had a BLEM Sale on their REIN’s and I purchased one for the SBR revamp, but for the “Budget AR15” Build, I wanted to go with their LCS Streamlight HL-X Kit. Again, wanting to keep things in prospective and save money while I can. During their July 4th sale, they offered 17.76% off all their items, so I knew it was the right time to get it!
Cloud Defensive has notably been an innovator in the flashlight market with their OWL and now their REIN products. But with innovation comes fixing problems with items already on the market. One such problem is the mounting option for the tape switch for the Streamlight HL-X and the Surefire Flashlights. Here enters in the Cloud Defensive LCS (Light Control System).
CLOUD DEFENSIVE LCS FEATURES
- Unique Patent-Pending design utilizes a slot that ensures a snug, perfect friction-fit for the tape switch. Once installed its not coming out unless you want it to.
- “Early Exit” feature allows the user to route the cable into the LCS and then exit the mount early if more cable slack is needed for your given setup.
- 3-piece clamp design allows for perfect fit across all picatinny rails.
- Proprietary Integrated Cable Channels (ICC) are integrated into both sides of the mount, giving the user the ability to control excess cable and making the mount ambidextrous and reversible. Channels can be used for other cable management as well (IR, et)
- Full-length aluminum base allows for optimum tape switch engagement. No “give” in the tape switch when depressed makes for easier and more positive light engagement.
- Shooter can fully use the entire length of the tape switch now.
- The LCS Series Locks up 100% to your weapon. Zero movement. Zero play. Virtually indestructible.
- Radiused/chamfered edges ensure comfort and ergonomic function.
- Fully ambidextrous and reversible. The LCS be mounted in either direction, based on your preference/needs.
- 100% MADE IN THE USA
- Type III ‘Hard-coat” anodized” to Mil-Spec standards.
- Made from Certified 6061-T6 aluminum on Haas equipment.
- 100% MADE IN THE USA
- Lifetime Warranty
- Price- $174.99
LCS Streamlight Picatinny
- WIDTH 1.32″
- HEIGHT 0.575″
- LENGTH 3.5″
- WEIGHT 1.9 oz.
After mounting the Streamlight HL-X on the Cloud Defensive Torrent SBR M-Lok Mount, it was breeze to mount it on the rifle. Putting the LCS together is pretty easy. After putting the upper on the vise block, routing the wires through the bottom of the LCS was great. Starting the bolts makes it a bit easier and once you get it all set up how you want it, just slip the body through and cinch it down. And voilá, it’s secured and ready to go! After adding the BCM M-Lok Vertical Grip Mod 3 and the BCM M-Lok Rail Panel, it just brings the whole rifle together.
Overall, the LCS Streamlight HL-X Kit makes for a great buy! I purchased this kit for $148 shipped. The Cloud Defensive REIN was on sale for $276, but I opted to save $125 and go with the Streamlight Kit instead. Mounting this flashlight on the “Budget AR” just made sense. The Streamlight offers great lumen but about half the candela as the Cloud Defensive REIN.
If you are in the market for a new weapons mounted flashlight, then check out the Cloud Defensive LCS Streamlight HL-X Kit and see if’s right for you!